Sleigh Bells Ring!! (Or are they silver bells??) Are you listening??
For the July 2018 SUNY & Clarkson Reunion Weekend, Omega Alumni Association is planning a full five days of fun centered around this year’s theme of “December in New York City”.
Here is the itinerary for December in New York City: ODPAA RW 2018! Feel free to download and read. Any sister who paid for Omega registration will be getting a copy in her Swag Bag!
- Click here for Omega Alumni Association 2018 Annual Meeting Information. This page is password-protected. The password will be posted in the main ODPAA private group, Legacy Reps will be asked to post in the Legacy Groups, and an email will go out to all alumni with this information.
Here is what we are planning:
Wednesday, July 11 – We will once again have the option for a four-night stay and welcome as many of you as possible to be an early bird! Join this low key event as early Omegas arrive throughout the afternoon and evening.
- Scavenger hunt and theme-decorating can begin.
- Omega’s school supply collection begins. Updated June 13, 2018: Here is a list of suggested supplies.
- Holiday Office Party – Around dinner time, join us for a Holiday Office Party complete with a gift exchange! Bring a dish to pass and if you so choose, a wrapped office party gift not to exceed $10. BYOB and we’ll provide the punchbowl! And you can’t have a Holiday Office Party without Ugly Holiday Sweaters! Have some fun and don an Ugly Holiday Sweater! This will make for some great photos!
Thursday, July 12
Omega weekend long activities (scavenger hunt, theme decorating, etc.) will continue and campus reunion weekend activities begin in the afternoon and evening.
- Prometheus will begin collecting non-perishable food items for the campus food pantry.
- 4 -6:30 p.m. – Early Bird Gathering at Becky’s Place with Alex Vangellow (Hon. ’14) on acoustic guitar, sponsored by Omega Delta Phi and Sigma Tau Psi alumni.
- 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. – GREEK ALUMNI EVENT: Corn Hole, Conversation and Community (aka Greek Games), hosted by Omega. Join Omega under the Townhouse tent following the Early Bird Gathering for an evening of Corn Hole, Conversation, and Community.The Sisters of Omega envision an evening of laughter, conversation, camaraderie, mild shenanigans and yard games. New memories will be made as we share stories of our college “Glory Days.” BYO Beverage and Appetizer, bring your sense of humor and a story to share. Yard games will be provided by the Sisters of Omega. Dinner plans can be made as needed. Omega can pass the hat for Sergi’s if there is enough interest.
Friday, July 13 – More Omegas arrive and campus reunion weekend activities continue.
- 10 a.m. – We will deliver our school supply collections to Lawrence Avenue Elementary School
- 2 – 4 p.m. – Greek Stroll
- 6 – 8 p.m. – Campus sponsored Á la carte Alumni Backyard BBQ – Food Truck Style
- The Potsdam Village Summer Festival begins
Saturday, July 14 – This is always a busy day for Omega! Reunion weekend campus activities continue today, as does the Village Summer Festival.
- 8 – 9:45 a.m. – SUNY Potsdam and Clarkson sponsor 5Ks in the morning
- 10 – 11:30 a.m. – Annual Business Meeting of the ODPAA (The Forum – BSU 204)
- 11:45 p.m. – All Greek Photo
- 12:00 p.m. – Omega Group photo
- 12:30 – 2 p.m. – Campus Block Party
- 5 p.m. – Omega Alumni Unity Ceremony
- 6 – 9 p.m. – Omega New Year’s Eve Gala at the “Knowlesdorf Astoria.”
Sunday, July 15 –
- 9:30 am Omega Breakfast. Come get some coffee and other sustenance for the long trip home. Bring your calendars so you can start planning for next year! This is included in your Omega registration fee.
Looking forward to seeing you in “December in New York City”!!
Omega registration is now closed. Even if you did not register with Omega, you can still join us, you just won’t receive any swag! If you wish to attend the banquet on Saturday, you must register and pay ($30) on the SUNY registration site.
Please register with the college(s) hosting any other events you wish to attend. Use the buttons below to access each registration.
You will register on the SUNY site and indicate if you plan to attend:
- Omega 57th Anniversay
- Thursday, Early Bird Gathering (Free)
- Greek Alumni & Friends (Free)
- Welcome Back Reception (Free)
- Backyard BBQ (Pay at event)
- Greek Photo (Free)
You will register on the SUNY site, indicate if you plan to attend and PAY for the following:
- Block party if you plan to eat their food ($15)
- Omega Banquet ($30)
And anything else you plan to attend with SUNY.
Here is the link to register for any Clarkson events you plan to attend!