Keys To Your Future – Sisters Guiding Sisters
ODPAA Mentorship Program
Based on our ever changing needs, as professional women in all stages of study or career, the ODPAA is pleased to formally launch our Mentorship Program, “Keys To Your Future – Sisters Guiding Sisters” designed to serve the networking needs of our active and alumni members. This program initiative came about after both Nancy Bohenek Jones and Donnalyn Eaton Shuster participated in the Women’s Mentoring Program at SUNY Potsdam and realized the benefits such an internally based option could offer for both our active and alumni sisters. Whether you are contemplating a change of your major, looking for internships and job leads, need resume’ and interview advice, or are looking to change career fields, this program is designed for you!
Our program is intended to provide you with:
- Academic major and job preparation skills to include coursework, resume writing, interviewing tips, use of social media options.
- A resource for alumni seeking career change information and advice.
- Entrepreneurship and job networking postings for both actives and alumni.
- Demonstration of a benefit to potential new members and alumni in the college community – having the opportunity of being matched to a ‘career coach/advisor’.
- A way of reinforcing our core values from generation to generation.
We are very excited to offer this program to our sisters beginning in January 2017. Interested? Take a look at our applications forms for both Mentee’s and Mentor’s plus our PowerPoint overview of the process. Then, simply fill out the forms and email to ODPAAmentor@gmail.com. Once we have a match for you, contact information will be provided to both parties so that the networking can begin.
Both Nancy and Donnalyn, as chairpersons of this initiative, are very excited about the possibilities for us all as we move forward with this program. It is another way that we can share our collective talents and wisdom in support of all our Omega Delta Phi sisters.